DIY Christmas Craft
Are you looking for a good holiday craft? Hand made crafts and gifts, made with love are best kind! Our family is always looking for a creative outlet around the holidays.These mason jar lid ornaments are easy, inexpensive, awesome gifts and are also super fun to make. I hope you grab a hot beverage, turn on some Christmas music and enjoy crafting with me today!
What you will need
This craft is super affordable to make. I purchased all my materials at Michael's. And spent about $19! With the ability to make 6-8 ornaments, that puts each ornament costing $2-$3! Pretty reasonable with a personal touch! Who doesn't appreciate hand-made gifts!
There are also two different options as you can see pictured. One with the lid and bands, and the other option with just the band. Try both, or pick which ever style fits you most!
- Mason jar lids & bands (any size)
- Fabric of choice (or even pictures)
- Christmas ribbon
- Small decoration
- Hot glue gun
Choose Your Design Option
1. The "Cute and Simple"
This adorable ornament only took about 20 minutes to make. Simple but so stinking cute.
1.Start off by hot glueing the end of your twine to the inside of the band.
2.Wrap around and secure with hot glue on the front side.
3. Start wrapping and keep going! Try and keep the lines neat and tight. As you can see in the picture, every couple of wraps stop and add some more hot glue to make sure it stays in place.
4. Once you get all the way around, stop and secure with hot glue. This is also where you can add your hanger loop and ribbon of choice. I glued the ribbon over the loop to keep it looking neat. You will then want to loosely wrap your ribbon around, leaving larger gaps, spacing it out however you see fit.
5. Add your decoration of choice with hot glue
2.The "Quick and Fancy"
This ornament is super easy and it only took me about 10 minutes. They're are so many easy ways to personalize this. just some ideas include, different fabric, baby blanket, bridesmaid's dress and even pictures! Have fun making this quick but fancy ornament your own.
1. Lay the band over your choice of material. Center it so that the image you want is in the middle of the circle. Trace around the outside of the band with a pen.
2. Cut out your circle, and lay your lid face down on the fabric. Hot glue the fabric over the back of the lid.
3. Hot glue the inside of the band, and place you fabric covered lid inside the band and press firmly for about 30 seconds. Add your loop and decoration of choice.